jacqueline & maixent
|Home||Help Search Members Calendar Tag Box|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Jan 1 2015, 07:03 AM
a brief summary
1. This is an intermediate roleplay site meaning that we will only accept members with adequate roleplay experience.
2. Please be kind and courteous to all members on the site.
3. Respect the decisions of the admins.
4. Do not disrespect another persons character or 'godmod' them in OOC situations.
5. Be sensible- do not bite off more than you can chew in regards to characters/threads.
6. You must be 16+ OOC to register at Chessboard.
7. We have no word count, but please try to make sure your partner has something to reply to.
1. Please register 'first last' in lower case, ie judas alvarez.
2. One account per character.
3. We do not at this time allow OOC accounts.
4. Ensure you've read all the rules and extra information before starting your application.
5. Please follow the guidelines for how to post your application- you can find these in the template.
6. Try to use a first name that isn't already taken, if you can.
7. The admins reserve the right to make changes to the rules at any time. Please be sure to keep yourselves updated.
1. We love flaws, we actually thrive on them- so please don't make your character a perfect being who fears nothing and can destroy us all.
2. Try to make sure you've covered all important aspects of your characters personality and past in your application.
3. If you're making a canon, ensure your application shows good knowledge of that canon's character and history.
4. Your character must be 16+ in order to be accepted on Chessboard.
5. We accept all genders and sexualities, but please make your gender and pronoun choice clear in your application to avoid any unfortunate confusion!
6. Your application must be at least 500+ words in order to be accepted.
7. Please ensure your character fits into the setting! Wonderland / Modern London only!
8. Your first character is free. If you wish to make more, every currently existing character you write must have at least TEN IC thread posts. (Communication, plotting, etc. posts do not count.)
9. You have SEVEN days after you register to get a completed application up.
10. Please give the admins 48 hours before inquiring about the status of your completed application.
11. If you post an application in 'incomplete' and then finish it, please bump it in the topic. DO NOT REPOST IT IN COMPLETE. The 'complete' board is for those apps that are finished and posted at once. AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT REPOST A FINISHED APPLICATION IN COMPLETE. The admins will not look at it.
1. Humans in London start off in the grey membergroup and, upon arrival in Wonderland, have a limited amount of time before they must choose the Queen's side (red) or the Cheshire Cat's side (black).
2. Wonderlanders may not apply in the grey membergroup as living in Wonderland means that they're caught up in the game between the Queen and Cat in some manner.
3. Anyone wishing to make a grey Wonderlander must appeal directly to the admins who reserve the right to yay or nay after discussion and majority agreement.
4. The only person who exists outside of this rule is the White Rabbit as he is the only one allowed to travel between Wonderland and London and as a result is largely out of the loop on Wonderland happenings.
in character etiquette
1. This goes without saying, but please do not godmod here on Chessboard. It is rude and illegal to us.
2. We do not have a word count, but please make sure you give your partner something to reply to.
3. Please try to be active and considerate of your RP partners- don't make them wait months!
4. Please try to use DOTHML templates, here is a LINK to the site premades! (They're very easy to use.)
5. Don't start a thread or plot without checking with the other player if they want to thread.
6. No Wonderlanders may thread in London without admin permission, and no humans may thread in Wonderland without having been sent there by the White Rabbit.
out of character etiquette
1. We are rated M, so we would require members to be over the age of 16. To participate in any sexual threads you MUST be 18+ OOC.
2. Please ensure you tag any sexual, violent, gory or any similar content as mature, just to be on the safe side. Also, please tag anything that would come with standard trigger warnings — suicide, mental illness, etc.
3. We have no fade to black rule but please do ensure you tag your sex threads!
4. Please be polite and courteous to your fellow members, and respect the admin team and their decisions. Thank you.
1. Please post an absence thread if you're going to be away, so that we know you have good reason to be inactive, and so you can be saved for any checks during that time. Please post an estimated date of return, also. If you're simply going to be less active than normal or will be unable to meet the weekly quota, please be sure to mention as much in the MEMBER STATUS thread in the absence area.
2. If you are classed as inactive, PMing an admin can have your account restored. However, you will only be permitted to bring back ONE character for a trial period of one month to ensure you will remain active. Any subsequent characters can be brought back following the trial period rule (so, one a month for a trial period until all are back in action).
3. We're more relaxed than most sites, but we do ask that you post at least once a week on each character, if possible. At the very least, once a week per two characters. For example, if you have six characters, we expect at least three posts a week.
4. Try and log in on all accounts at least once a day to prove you're around.
1. We can ban IP addresses, so please do be polite and courteous to your fellow members.
2. Do not spam or advertise other sites in the cbox.
3. We have no filter, but please do not take advantage.
4. Please try to keep the cbox clean, and free of controversial discussions like religion, abortion, or politics, etc. This also includes topics that may be perceived as heavy or depressing. The cbox is for general chat and greeting new members. If we have to ask you to check or change what you're posting several times, we may temporarily ban you.
5. You can register for the cbox by clicking 'profile' and entering your name and password. Avatars can be implemented by posting an img link (.png or .gif preferred) in the link/email section next to your name.