chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Add Reply
New Poll

Your days they won’t be long..., tagged: jaq and max
judas alvarez
 Posted: Jul 13 2015, 05:48 PM
“Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.”
?BlackCHESHIRE CAT42 postsapplicationplotting
judas alvarez

The room seemed empty at first glance, vacant and silent were it not for the soft, lilting hum that came from the far corner. There was the occasional flicker of movement here and there, were a trained eye to go looking... perhaps a hint of deep purple smoke as something unholy made its way around the Palace. It had come to rest here, bringing with it an eerie sort of melody, hummed at first though after a while quiet words carried over stale air: the room had not been used for some time, and the windows were sealed shut- curtains drawn fast to block out the dying light.

"How oft on yonder grave, sweetheart, where we were want to walk..."

He came to rest at last in one of the high backed armchairs, facing away from the door as a figure entered- followed all too swiftly by another. Not a word was spoken to them, no sign of acknowledgement as the Cat chose to reveal himself; that dark smoke flowing over the sides of the chair and curling lazily about the clawed feet of the would-be throne as he continued to sing in hushed tones.

"The fairest flower that ever I saw, has withered to a stalk..."

Lips curled in that infamous grin, Judas waited for the Royal pair to come to face him, making little effort to greet them himself. He was after all, their guest. If guests made a habit of appearing unwanted in the late hours.

"When will we meet again, sweetheart? When will we meet again? When the autumn leaves that fall from the trees, are green... and spring up... again..."

Only once the verse was complete did he finally look up, teeth bared in that almost manic grin while the rest of his countenance remained deceptively sane, intense eyes focused on those before him.

"Good evening."

Holy water cannot help you now... Thousand armies couldn't keep me out, I don't want your money, I don't want your crown. See I've come to burn your kingdom down.

OOC: The song Judas is singing
PMEmail
^
jacqueline monroe
 Posted: Jul 15 2015, 01:01 PM
cause baby i could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me & every day is like a battle but every night with us is like a dream baby we're the new romantics come on come along with me heart break is the national anthem we sing it proudly we are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet baby we're the new romantics the best people in life are free
38Redqueen of hearts66 postsapplicationplotting
jacqueline monroe

They'd been having a rare quiet night — a private dinner that had lingered for a while, their small talk jumping from topic to topic without delving into anything too deep — so when a Card arrived with news of Judas's arrival, Jacqueline went from content to pissed with an inhale of breath. It wasn't often they had time together in the evenings; Jaq and her husband both had very different schedules, making the times she tangled her feet with his and simply read a book the exception, not the rule. (She'd thrown protocol and decorum out the window after they were married; even if she and Max may not be talking like they used to these days, she still found it impossible to sleep in a room by herself.)

Normally she met Judas on her own, but tonight she was angry enough to need Max's presence to calm her down, or else Judas would get the upper hand far too quickly.

She readjusted the sleeves on her dress as she sped down the corridor, Max on her heels, thankful she's only just been about to dress for bed when the Card showed up instead of fully changed yet. She usually made Judas wait, same as he did her — it was their thing, if one were to say why — but tonight, she wanted to get this over with and be back in bed as soon as possible.

The Card led them to her sister's old sitting room, down a wing of the palace nobody really ventured down anymore. Immediately upon entering, Jaq's defenses went up. She reached to squeeze Max's wrist for comfort and took a quick glance at him before she broke contact and the pair rounded the chair Judas was perched in.

It was rapidly darkening; a Card had taken it upon their self to light a few candles in the room, sweeping away cobwebs as they worked. Jaq smiled, her jaw slightly set in annoyance. "Did you come to audition for the Royal Choir or do you have an actual reason for being here at this hour?"

& now people talk to me I’m slipping out of reach now people talk to me & all their faces blur but I got my fingers laced together & I made a little prison & I’m locking up everyone who ever laid a finger on me - - - - - - - - - - -
PMEmail
^
maixent monroe
 Posted: Jul 28 2015, 08:47 PM
There's a humming in the restless summer air And we're slipping off the course that we prepared But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't) Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure) It's clear that someone's gotta go We mean it but I promise we're not mean
38RedKing of Hearts11 postsapplicationplotting
maixent monroe

Maixent was actually quite happy to be there for once. Never a fan of your usual night in, he found himself content to just sit around and chat... which was quite surprising in itself, really. It was when a Card informed them of Judas’ visit when he felt mildly irritated. These days, it was difficult to find time to spend with Jacqueline, considering their conflicting schedules and he was more than ready to get the meeting with the cat over and done with.

When he looked over at Jacqueline as they went in, he felt her tense a bit more and he provided her with a calm smile when she squeezed his wrist. He knew what his role was here and he didn’t really have much to say in the situation; instead choosing to look at Judas and the way he was sat, in his head going through his training in order to keep his temper level.

D O L L H O U S E I SEE THINGS THAT NOBODY ELSE SEES
PMEmail
^
judas alvarez
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 12:16 PM
“Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.”
?BlackCHESHIRE CAT42 postsapplicationplotting
judas alvarez

He looked first to the King, the faintest twitch in the corner of the Monarch's lip a testament to how he was struggling to keep his composure, keep that Royal temper in check. It was remarkable, truly, how a man that had married into the Royal family of Wonderland had managed to inherit their rage. Jacqueline was making less of an effort to hide her displeasure; it showed in her eyes, in the bitter curve to her smile. It seemed he had interrupted a rare moment of intimacy between King and Queen, and that grin only served to widen at the thought of it. Poor dears.

"Much as I would love to sing for you more regularly, Jacqueline dear, I'm afraid that is not the cause for my visit." Judas' eyes roamed back toward the King, an expression of false innocence crossing his face; "Am I interrupting something terribly important?"

The Cat remained relaxed, and thoroughly composed- lounging in the chair as the servants hurried about to make the room 'suitable' for the Royals to linger in. He himself wasn't so fussy, quite content to sit amongst the dust and the cobwebs and make himself at home. It had been a long, long while since any form of maintenance had been upheld in his own mansion, deep in the Tulgey Wood.

"I heard about what happened to poor Antoinette, my condolences... how is she?"

Holy water cannot help you now... Thousand armies couldn't keep me out, I don't want your money, I don't want your crown. See I've come to burn your kingdom down.

PMEmail
^
jacqueline monroe
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 04:27 PM
cause baby i could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me & every day is like a battle but every night with us is like a dream baby we're the new romantics come on come along with me heart break is the national anthem we sing it proudly we are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet baby we're the new romantics the best people in life are free
38Redqueen of hearts66 postsapplicationplotting
jacqueline monroe

Instinctively, Jaq took half a step to the side as if to shield Max from Judas. It was stupid and a worthless effort — Judas could have them . . . well she wasn't sure what Judas would do, but she probably wouldn't be able to stop anything directed at Max simply because she was standing in front of him. Her hand slid down from his wrist to loosely tangle with his fingers.

Was he interrupting something important? She looked back to Max, tried to figure out what was going through his mind. Did he consider their evening ruined by their visitor? It was impossible to tell; his eyes weren't giving away anything, his face nearly just as blank to her. She could've sworn she saw annoyance slip through his mask, but she couldn't be sure. At the moment, she was more concerned with Judas.

She'd let Max answer for them, curious to hear what he had to say, and instead shook her head at his inquiry into Antoinette's state. "She's alive, which is all I'm willing to share with you at the moment," she said. Her every defense was on high alert. The only creature that terrified her, besides herself, was sitting in front of her, lounging as though he owned the place. "Your concern is appreciated."

& now people talk to me I’m slipping out of reach now people talk to me & all their faces blur but I got my fingers laced together & I made a little prison & I’m locking up everyone who ever laid a finger on me - - - - - - - - - - -
PMEmail
^
maixent monroe
 Posted: Aug 24 2015, 10:39 AM
There's a humming in the restless summer air And we're slipping off the course that we prepared But in all chaos, there is calculation Dropping glasses just to hear them break You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't) Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure) It's clear that someone's gotta go We mean it but I promise we're not mean
38RedKing of Hearts11 postsapplicationplotting
maixent monroe

The Cat’s eyes on him didn’t go unnoticed and neither was Jacqueline’s sudden need to protect him. Clearly Judas was only gauging just how pissed off Maixent was. With every second of standing there, he felt more and more irritated and it became harder to keep his expression neutral but he was well versed in doing so. He gently squeezed Jacqueline’s hand as she tangled their fingers together.

"Am I interrupting something terribly important?"

At first, he’d only raised his eyebrow before deeming it rude not to answer a question that has been addressed to him. Even though he was never a fan of Judas. He admired his work in Bedlam, of course, but he was never one to spark up a conversation with the other unless he absolutely needed to. He supposed that in this situation he didn’t really have much of a choice. Before he replied however, he looked at his wife as she looked to him, obviously trying to determine whether he found himself inconvenienced by Judas.

“Yes, you are.” He responded simply. No detail. Let’s just get through this so he can get back to laying in bed next to Jacqueline. More than ready to do so and knowing that Judas would play against him to extend his visit, he took a seat in one of the chairs that had just been dusted by one of the Cards. Maybe they weren’t as useless as he first felt after all.

D O L L H O U S E I SEE THINGS THAT NOBODY ELSE SEES

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya