chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Closed
New Poll

WELCOME BLAKE
fintan travers
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 12:11 AM
flashing lights & we took a wrong turn & we fell down a rabbit hole you held on tight to me cause nothing's as it seems i'm spinning out of control didn't they tell us don't rush into things haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds we found wonderland you & i got lost in it & we pretended it could last forever
37Greywhite rabbit42 postsapplicationplotting
fintan travers

“And will he be successful?”

Fintan raised an eyebrow. The Queen usually didn’t care if the humans survived one way or another or even at all. She just wanted their bodies stacked on top of each other in guest housing so she could leech off their energy reserves.

“I anticipate he will, yes,” Fintan replied.

“Excellent.” She looked down at the file of papers spread out between them. “His prospects in Wonderland?”

“A Card, most likely. He prefers structure and stability.”

“This will be quite the wake-up call, then,” she laughed, a bemused expression curling her lips upward.

“I would also expect him to align to your side,” Fintan said. “He is devoted to Queen and Country in London. That should translate well enough for him here.”

“Thank you, White Rabbit,” she said, pulling the papers into one stack, evening them out, and closed the file. “I eagerly anticipate his arrival.”

“Enjoy your meeting with the Duchess,” Fintan said to which the Queen rolled her eyes and set the file off to the side. He stood, buttoning his London suit jacket closed, and bowed. “Your Majesty.”

London was the same as always — loud, bright, and utterly fulfilling. He grabbed a slice of carrot cake from his favorite bakery, the one right around the corner from where Blake was having a date at that very moment. Fintan would need his strength. Taking people through the Rabbit Hole with him was particularly draining.

He stayed across the street from the coffee shop where Blake and his boyfriend were enjoying coffee and conversation while Fintan thumbed through a trashy magazine and leaned against the bus stop. The cake hit his system twenty minutes into his surveillance; he was suddenly keyed up and ready to go.

Eventually, Blake seemed to understand that Fintan was itching to get the show on the road, and he and the other man stood and shared a kiss and Fintan saw the other man smile and promise to see Blake tomorrow. Fintan wanted to laugh maniacally. He settled for a dark chuckle to himself and tossed the magazine in a nearby receptacle.

“Mister Everly,” Fintan greeted, appearing seemingly out of nowhere in front of Blake once the other man was a safe distance in the opposite direction. He gave a luring smile and tilted his head as though in thought. The magic swirled within him, giving him an extra edge of persuasion, the one thing that made him and him alone successful at this. It worked on all except Judas. “A pleasure to see you again. We’re late, late, very late for a very important date, so if you’ll follow me.”

He grabbed Blake’s elbow, his grasp tight and directing but loving to the naked eye, and proceeded to walk down the block with the shorter man. His mouth kept shut; he didn’t respond to a single thing Blake threw at him. He turned the corner, Blake in tow, and kept pace down another three blocks. Halfway down the fourth, he took a look around them and deciding they were unnoticed, he pulled Blake down the alley Fin had come from earlier that day.

“This may feel like forever, but forever is only a second,” he said without explanation, passing back entrances to the dead end. At the fifth building, stretching to the end of the block and cutting off the alley from connecting to the street on the other side, the bricks wavered in the sunlight. Fintan could feel the Wonderland magic pulsing through, enticing him to slip down, and he shivered. This is what Wonderland wanted. This is what Wonderland needed.

For Queen and country and all that.

He pulled Blake along with him, rougher in grip now that they were in private, and stepped through. The familiar rush of the Rabbit Hole speared his body. He let go of Blake, letting the other man tumble through on his own.

Fintan landed on his feet gracefully and brushed invisible specks off his suit coat and flicked open his pocketwatch. The Hole had spit them out on the edge of the Royal City. “Right on time. Thank you for being so cooperative, Mister Everly.” He pocketed the watch and smiled, not bothering to put any friendly pretense on this time. It was his true smile — dark and calculating and not at all suitable for children.

“Welcome to Wonderland,” he said, voice eerily similar to his smile. “Enjoy your life here.” And with that, he shifted into his rabbit form and took off for the tree line, his shortcut up to the Palace. The Queen was expecting his post-trip report.

Welcome to Wonderland indeed.

All these kinds of places Make it seem like it's been ages Tomorrow some new building will scrape the sky I love this country dearly But I never thought I'd be alone to try - - - - -
PMEmail
^
blake everly
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 01:36 AM
I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle. As soon as I reach some kind of definite policy about what is my kind of music and my kind of restaurant and my kind of overdraft, people start blowing up my kind of planet and throwing me out of their kind of spaceships!
44RedCard124 postsapplicationplotting
blake everly

"I'll see you tomorrow." Luca had said with a gentle peck on the lips. "It will be great."

"Yes, and I'm just as excited for it as you are. " Blake agreed, pulling on his coat "I've already had the first half of my things sent to our flat. I'll bring the rest of it over in the morning. " Blake smiled sweetly up at his taller, now live-in, lover. "Goodnight. "

He stepped out of the coffee shop and started on his way home, grinning to himself like an idiot. This was it. Their last night before moving in together properly. They'd been staying at each other's places for weeks now, but this was official. A proper flat share, right between their work places. Near their favorite shops, and even fairly close to Luca's church of choice. He couldn't possibly be happier.

He tensed when he heard the familiar voice and looked up at him, stunned. He wasn't certain he'd ever actually expected to see the man again. It felt like it had been ages ago. It really was practically a lifetime ago. Back before he had become an item with Luca.

"F....Fin? The interviewer?" he asked, starting to be dragged already. He wasn't sure why he wasn't pulling away, but it scared him a bit. He knew he should but.... He couldn't. "What are you doing here? What do you mean we're late? I'm just on my way home. "

As they traveled down the blocks much the opposite way he'd planned to take home, Blake got more and more worried by Fintan's silence and by where on earth they could possibly be going. He had no idea that was the trick. They weren't going anywhere on earth at all.

"Look, if you just- we could stop- I could give you my number and- Please slow down for god's sake I'm nearly half a foot shorter than you! Where are we even going? I really do need to be going home, I'm in the middle of packing, you see. I'm sort of moving flats..."

He was starting to properly wonder and worry about how long this would take, now that he thought about it. Luca would certainly be slightly miffed if he missed their morning appointment for sleeping in. He was pulled from his thoughts as he was dragged down an alley and Fintan finally spoke again.

" 'Forever is only a second' ?" He asked "What does that mea-"

He was cut off as his arm was squeezed roughly and he was pulled through the Rabbit Hole, crying out in fear as he tumbled down into what seemed like a great expanse of blackness and a cluttered world of frightening imagery all at once. He wasn't sure what to do with himself, reaching out to grab a hold of something, anything, even if that something was Fintan.

He crashed into the dust with a hard and unpleasant thud, dirtying his nice suit and bruising his tailbone in the process. He realized then that he'd clenched his eyes shut as tight as he could, slowly prying them open with force of will. Once he saw the new surroundings, however, they widened on their own.

"W...what?.... Where?.... How? " he sputtered, then looked up just in time to see Fintan's dark grin.

“Welcome to Wonderland. Enjoy your life here.”

He jumped back as best he could while still sitting in the dirt when he saw Fintan take his rabbit form, then sat there in stunned shock. Wonderland? How? And for what purpose? What even WAS Wonderland? Wonderland like the children's stories?

That's when he paled as he had time to fully process what he'd heard.

"Enjoy my.....?"

He'd...... He'd been kidnapped. And he was expected to LIVE in this strange place. Why? What about London? What about his job? Who would tell the school he was gone? What about...

What about Luca?

Oh God. Luca. What about Luca? What would happen to him? How would he know what happened? They were about to move in together! They had a place together! They WERE together! He would be worried sick! Oh god, what would he THINK? Would he call the police? Would it even be possible for him to be found? That's when Blake realized something.

Luca had always been so sweet to him, telling him it was okay for them to go slow if he was uncomfortable, since he was still getting used to being out of the closet to himself. Making him feel as safe as possible about everything. What if.... What if he thought he'd run off?

Blake started to cry at the thought. What if Luca thought he'd abandoned him? He HAD abandoned him. Just not on purpose. Not willingly. But he'd left his beautiful guardian angel there alone. Luca wouldn't even know until morning, when Blake wouldn't show up at their new flat.

Blake's last word to him was 'goodnight'! Not even an 'I love you'! What if those were the last words he ever got to say to him? What if Luca was worrying alone, thinking on Blake's last words, waiting for him to show up in the morning and he never did?

But how would Blake even know when that would be? It was evening when he was dragged through WHATEVER that was, and now it seemed to be midday! Had he ALREADY been gone that long? What if Luca was already starting to worry for him?

Blake stayed in that spot for what felt like an eternity, all of these thoughts and more running through his mind at top speed as tears dripped down his cheeks into the dirt. Really it was closer to fifteen minutes or so, but, as Fintan had said, forever is only a second.

He eventually, shakily, pushed himself to his feet. He wiped his eyes on his suit sleeve and brushed as much of the dirt off himself as he could. He whined softly at the bruise on his back, but he knew that was really the least of his worried. He needed to figure out where he REALLY was and how he could get back home. Or, at the very least, figure out if any of his money would work in this strange new place so he knew he wouldn't starve or have to sleep outside.

Even in his terrified state like this, barely able to comprehend his surrounding, Blake was still as rational and stable as possible. It was almost impressive.

He cleared his throat, took a deep breath to calm himself, tugged on his sleeves to straighten them, and started walking into the Royal City.

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” ― Kahlil Gibran

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya