chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Alex's assholes, isaac, shannnon, noah, warrick, maixent
♚ALEX
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 04:43 AM
When we were young the future was so bright The old neighborhood was so alive And every kid on the whole damn street Was gonna make it big and not be beat
20AdminFeels breaker70 postsapplicationplotting
ALEX

Isaac Irving - a gay prostitute with a lot of issues. Issues including sleeping problems and clients that sometimes go a bit too far. He’s never been very adept at relationships, romantic or not. He’s long since lost contact with his childhood friends, deeming that he didn’t need it. Over the years in London, he’s made a few acquaintances but nothing all that major until about a year prior, when he met and got close to Dominic. In general, however, he deals with his problems by smoking like a chimney on bad days and doesn’t tend to always play well with others.

He’s not a romantic, but giving his current situation he could as well be. He’s trying his best to redeem himself.

Friends, clients? Sure, you have a go ahead. Hook ups? Why not. Romantic interest? Let's try and see, shall we?

isaac irving — twenty nine — prostitute — grey — caring
Shannon Saunders - a Teacher Assistant; plagued by ghosts of the past. She still hasn't quite recovered from the event, still having nightmares and such. Which is the reason why she doesn’t tend to get too close to people, keeping a couple of acquaintances. The people that are the closest to her are the teenagers in the classes she helps out in.

A constant uneasiness follows her everywhere, making a pursuit of a relationship impossible. Not that she hasn’t tried. She has, indeed. But it was never the same. It was never the sort of danger that she was looking for.

Heart is taken. Everything else is open.

shannon saunders — thirty — teacher assistant — grey — loving
Noah Carrillo - basically, if you don’t want to get stabbed in the face, don’t mention the pig incident. He’s not too fussed about people, dealing with them only on a sparse basis. He’s not worried about people leaving, because they always do, it’s nothing that he’d have to get used to. Emotional attachment never brought anything, so why bother?

Even so, he spends a lot of his time with Judas - about the only person that doesn’t get on his nerves half the time (actually, he does, Noah just can’t do shit about it). But. The concept of romance is quite foreign to him.

Friends? Noah doesn’t do friends. It’s people he tolerates. Or enemies that just happen to not be a nuisance at that particular moment in time so killing them wouldn’t make much sense. Lover/whatever? Closed, sorry.

noah carrillo — thirty two— baby/pig — black — loyal
Warrick D'Aubigne - the Jabberwocky. You generally don’t want to get in his way. While he's not entirely a loner, he doesn't seek out social interaction. Has a bit of a skewed view what an interaction such as that should entail.

He’d always liked the flowers but has taken special interest in the Red Rose. There appears to be no reason in particular for it. He possesses an ability to persuade people into doing things for him, some might say he is a charming individual. He can be if he wants to.

warrick d'aubigne — thirty five — jabberwocky — black — cruel
love on maixent k guys
maixent monroe — thirty eight — king of hearts — red — trait
PMAIM
^
bellina fox
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 07:19 PM

bella & shannonI feel like they would get along just swell! Belle is much more relaxed, it might be good for shannon given her uneasiness. I'm not sure how they would have met though.
^
tempest mirakel
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 08:27 PM
Follow me down to the river Drink while the water is clean Follow me down to the river tonight I'll be down here on my knees
33RedBandersnatch32 postsapplicationplotting
tempest mirakel

Ruby & Alice's Assholes
isaac - not applicable (major sad face)

shannon - not applicable

baby/pig - so...it would be bad for ruby to make snorting noises at noah? Cause...it might happen. I think this is one of those relationships that is just taunting from both sides, though perhaps more rubys'. she adores the cheshire cat, and she's likely aware that these two are at least on friendly terms...so...really, i don't know. I think this is a thread it and watch it go type of relationship. unless you have other ideas?

jabberwocky - so...ruby is actually quite afraid of him. they'd likely have run into each other a few times, because she spent a lot of time with the flowers and looks up to the red rose. i think this would be another, thread and see type deal. Thoughts?

Lael & Alice's Assholes
isaac - so lael is a friend of dominic, so it's likely these two have met. she's really chill and wouldn't really judge isaac on anything. she's not the judging type, so perhaps they'd be friends as well. she'd probably ask him to model for her, he has amazing cheekbones.

shannon - i think these two should be friends. lael is a friend of dominics and still ships shannonic without even knowing it! plus she's also a teacher and respects shannon's care and attention towards the kiddos.

baby/pig - - not applicable

jabberwocky - - not applicable

Tempest & Alice's Assholes
isaac - not applicable

shannon - not applicable

baby/pig - tempest rarely forms an opinion on people unless they give her a reason to. she's the bandersnatch and spent plenty of time both in the palace and in tugley woods. it might be amusing if she'd at one point taunted and play hunted him while he was a pig...she'd tease him about it when she saw him. perhaps they're not very close. heh

jabberwocky - one of the few people in all of wonderland that has tempest's respect as a fearsome creature. i think it would be fascinating to see these two get along. she wouldn't pick fights with him, as she does with the red knight, because she respects him. i don't think friends but perhaps friendly-ish? Thoughts?

PM
^
bailey blodwen
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 10:03 PM
n/a
17Greyhuman37 postsapplicationplotting
bailey blodwen

Achilles & Alice's assholes
-Achilles and Noah support differing sides. Even if they were almost friends/enemies before the whole 'chess' game thing started, they would have pricked each other's hot spots. Now, they probably do fight every time they run into each other--but have just enough respect not to kill the other. Life's boring without a playmate/nemesis, right?

-Warrick probably hates or is annoyed by Achilles, who has a really life-threatening disease of picking fights with people who could eat him in one bite. OR, on the opposite side, maybe they're tolerant of each other? Neither of them are good around other people and loathe social shit. Maybe they do that silent "we're bros" nod and then never, ever speak to each other. I donno lol just a thought.

Pierre & the asshats
-Noah and Pierre are on the same side--but Pierre is annoying as all hell, or at least too upbeat with sticky fingers. I don't think these two would ever hang out or have polite conversation. At best, they might be civil to each other or ignore each other for safety's sake.

-Pierre is terrified of Warrick. The badass Jabberwocky who was one of the only predators higher on the foodchain than he was? Human or not, Warrick gives him chills. He's one of the few people Pierre wouldn't incessantly chatter to and someone he might think twice about pick-pocketing.

Bailey & Alice's precious charries <3
-Isaac doubtless has never met Bailey. They have no shared circles, no common interests. But if they did...? No idea what would happen. Unless there's a roulette they probably won't thread.

-Shannon works at the school, of course Bay has met her. She likes the TA well enough, nothing to hold against her at least. They could be fun to thread, see just how they stand ^__^

I'm sorry there wasn't anything overly exciting >_> plots aren't my forte
PM
^
♚ALEX
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 05:48 AM
When we were young the future was so bright The old neighborhood was so alive And every kid on the whole damn street Was gonna make it big and not be beat
20AdminFeels breaker70 postsapplicationplotting
ALEX

bella & shannon
I love the idea of the two being friends! Definitely something I'd be interested in threading. As for where they could have met? For all that I know, they could have ran into each other on a street. c:

ruby & noah
Yeah... yeah it would. He reacts with aggression a hell of a lot, especially in those kind of situations because he doesn't take well to mentions of what happened.

ruby & warrick
Thread and see where it goes, definitely. It would make for a nice change for him to engage with someone outside of Antoinette, which is what he seems to be intent on doing at all times.

lael & isaac
They definitely would have met. Isaac has been around and on and off taking care of Dominic, ignoring his protests for roughly a year now. She's an interesting type and Isaac is also an artist, they could totally take turns modelling for each other. XD

lael & shannon
Yes, they should be friends. I'm sure they've come across one another on more than one occasion in the school. So that's definitely possible.

tempest & noah
I don't see them as being very close, I don't think Noah would be exactly fond of her. He doesn't like when people mention the time he spent as a pig so yep.

tempest & warrick
Friendly-ish sounds good to me!

achilles & noah
Even though they support opposite sides, they have always had the sort of on and off frenemy relationship that's been absolutely amazing to explore and I'm looking forward to an Achy/Noah crash!

achilles & warrick
I would like to see those two in a room together. I think that we should thread them and see where it goes, I'm not entirely sure on how they'd interact xD

pierre & noah
Yeah no, unless we come up with some brilliant idea that needs those two together, I don't think they should interact. Noah is prone to violence and wouldn't be best pleased if he found something missing.

pierre & warrick
If he was ever to try and do anything that Warrick wouldn't be all too happy with, there would be major consequences... so yes, good choice, definitely.

bailey & isaac
If Bailey is still doing the same sort of thing that she used to, I'm quite sure that they'd come across each other before, actually. But with you on that one, they probably wouldn't thread unless there was a roulette.

bailey & shannon
Yes, I think these two would definitely be great to thread together. It could be interesting to seeing them in a thread >>
PMAIM
^
tempest mirakel
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 07:25 PM
Follow me down to the river Drink while the water is clean Follow me down to the river tonight I'll be down here on my knees
33RedBandersnatch32 postsapplicationplotting
tempest mirakel

Ruby & Alice's Assholes
baby/pig - Yeah...sometimes you never know what Ruby is going to do. I think we can likely leave this one up to thread and see.

jabberwocky - Sweet, thread and see it is!

Lael & Alice's Assholes
isaac - That's a brilliant idea! She'd certainly love to paint him and she has no qualms with reciprocating and modeling, especially since she won't have to worry about him hitting on her. She's had the issue with guys not believing she prefers chicks. Isaac wouldn't be a problem there. I think they'd be a good and easy friendship.

shannon - Yay! So co-workers and possible friends. Also, Eve came up with an idea that perhaps Lael mentions visiting her friend Dominic in the hospital...as a catalyst for Shannon going. I'm all for that. You know Lael still ships those two without even realizing it. Also, if you're cool with it...Lael will still have a picture of Dom and Shannon up in her office. Perhaps she did the one of Shannon without her knowing, or she could already know. Your choice.

Tempest & Alice's Assholes

baby/pig - Unlike Ruby, Tempest wouldn't feel the need to hold her tongue around Noah, so I agree...I doubt these two are very friendly.

jabberwocky - Yay for friendly-ish!

PM
^
guinevere hansen
 Posted: Apr 5 2015, 08:12 AM

Gwen & NoahOkay, soooo.... Taylor and I were mulling over a few ideas and we kept coming back to the idea of someone possibly using Gwen against him or just toying with him. Gwenny here is the light of his life and a great weakness for him. So, while I don't have solid ideas out of that... there is this possibility for her to be used against the Red Knight... ;}
^
noah carrillo
 Posted: Apr 6 2015, 12:50 PM
I know now, this is who I really am inside.
32BlackBaby/pig18 postsapplicationplotting
noah carrillo

Lael & Shannon
Yes omg. That's the best idea ever, we need a thread for them. And totally cool with it hun <3

Gwen & Noah
As for Noah using Gwen against anyone... I don't feel like he'd be the person to do something like that. He respects Achilles and what they've got together is completely different than something that could lead to Noah doing that; he's simply no interested. When it comes to Achilles, he comes to him in order to calm down and have a good fight in general.
PMEmailAIM
^
maeve travers
 Posted: Apr 16 2015, 10:35 PM

maeve & isaacso maeve is sort of the social worker in wonderland who helps the overlands get more accustomed to life in wonderland. i don't know if isaac is in wonderland yet, but once he gets here maeve would probably take a liking to him, he's trying to become more decent of a person so she would probably try to help him with that. he's not that bad to look at either and she wouldn't mind that at all either.

maeve & shannonagain, the social worker of wonderland, helping the overlanders getting more accustomed tk life in wonderland. once she is in wonderland, if she isn't already, maeve will help her out and even more so with her past, after all everyone has a past but it is what we make out of the future that counts ... yeah, maeve should probably listen to her own advice.

maeve & mr.piggy noahmaeve cannot help but giggle and smile a little bit about the 'incident'. These two have probably run into each other a few times but nothing other from these run ins, I doubt he actually knows who she actually is if he hasn't heard the whispers, it isn't exactly a secret but ... yeah.

maeve & warrickin and out of jabberwocky form he scares her, which might make him want to seek her company out more? i dunno, just an idea.
^
lance chevalier
 Posted: Apr 28 2015, 10:54 AM
Aha! What villains are these, that trespass upon my private lands! Come to scorn at my fall, perchance? Draw, you knaves, you dogs!
30RedWhite Knight102 postsapplicationplotting
lance chevalier

Lance & Alice's Assholes

Noah - "A villain! Draw, you black-banded cur!"- Since Noah is sided with black, and friends with the Cheshire Cat, I can only imagine this meeting going very, very poorly (for Lance, that is). Anyone sided with black is an enemy of the Queen, and anyone who is an enemy of the Queen is an enemy of Lance's (until proven innocent). Given Noah's personality and Lance's completely insufferable ego, this would probably end with Lance getting strangled/stabbed in the eye sockets.

jabberwocky - "How dare you harm an innocent Lady like the Red Rose?!"- The Red Rose is a damsel in distress, being attacked and otherwise pained by the Dragon (jabberwocky), Warrick. Something tells me these two have run into each other at LEAST once before, given how infamous the Jabberwocky is, and I bet Lance went home lucky to be alive more times than he would either care to admit or be able to count. Warrick probably considers Lance to just be a recurring pest.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya