chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

doomed love & friendship group
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:19 PM
I wish that you could see, all that's left of me. In this land of broken dreams, I still try to believe. I'm all right, I'm all right, I don't mind if you don't mind. My blood runs red from the streets to the sewers, to the blue black ocean- I'm caught in the tide but I don't mind if you don't mind.
16GreySTUDENT23 postsapplicationplotting
aubrey whitney

suggested face claim: amy adams

alright, so there's a lot of history with this lovely lady and jack that i'm going to try and condense here for simplicities sake;

she was the first human jack came into proper contact with back in the late eighties when she was in her early twenties and he looked about the same age. she saved him from being hit by a car (poor clueless bastard that he was) and took him under her wing. over time he definitely developed feelings for her, and she for him. they dated for a little while, until his sudden disappearance. now, he told her about wonderland but she, obviously, didn't believe him. after a while he began to pretend as though he'd never talked about it and they forgot about it. so when he was forced back to wonderland, madelyn didn't know what to think; maybe she even filed a missing persons report. whatever the case, twenty years have gone by without a word, so she has more than likely moved on, perhaps even married, maybe even had children (encouraged, for maximum feels).

jack is of course now in london again, hiding from his aunt, and he's looking for madelyn. he still loves her, but has she moved on? let's have all the feels here, ladies and gents.

name: madelyn — late forties — therapist — grey — warm
suggested face claim: kathryn prescott

known as the most honest member of the group, 'kathryn' has a big secret. she's been struggling with her identity (could be sexuality, gender, anything you like!) for a while and she isn't entirely sure how to go about telling her friends. until the day she works it out, she's quite content going on as she is; one of the few to actually show up on time consistently and always have her homework done. she's a bright, intelligent student and almost always the one to suggest a study group or a trip to a museum. definitely one of the geekiest of the bunch. she and aubrey love attending comic cons, and she's been trying to get him into cosplay for months now.

name: open — 16 — student — grey— honest
suggested face claim: takei emi

"i don't paint flowers or fruit, i paint monsters!"

'takei' here is an alternative artist, or so she calls herself. she's known for frequently getting into heated arguments with her art teacher over what she can and cannot draw in class, and prefers to depict images of savage violence or monsters lurking beneath beds than she does a bowl of fruit. outside of her art, she appears sweet and innocent, and it's only until you take a peek in her sketch book that you realise the truth of it. with a wicked sense of humour and an affinity for sharp objects, 'takei' is the epitome of 'don't judge a book by its cover'.

name: open — 16 — student/artist — grey — ...unique
suggested face claim: keke palmer

the undeniable 'heart' of the group, 'keke' is almost like a second mother to her friends. she acts as a confidant to all of them, though aubrey has not yet confided in her what's happening at home. bubbly, eager to please and always the one who seems to have EVERYTHING in her handbag from tissues to sweets to 3D glasses for the cinema: 'keke' is pretty much the perfect friend. she's not without her secrets, though.

name: open — 16 — student — grey — doting
PMEmail
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Jun 28 2015, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

pleeeease?
PMEmail
^
viv
 Posted: Jun 30 2015, 11:32 PM
is N/A
viv

I am going to take the unique artist/student and I was actually planing on using Gouriki Ayame, if you don't mind of course. I do like Takei Emi also so honestly I don't mind either way. I'm quiet tired so I'll have to do the whole signing up process tomorrow, but you shall see her on here soon.
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Jul 2 2015, 06:51 AM
I wish that you could see, all that's left of me. In this land of broken dreams, I still try to believe. I'm all right, I'm all right, I don't mind if you don't mind. My blood runs red from the streets to the sewers, to the blue black ocean- I'm caught in the tide but I don't mind if you don't mind.
aubrey whitney

Sure, use whoever you'd like! =D I'm so thrilled someone's taking her, can't wait to see <33
PMEmail
^
jack lowell
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 12:18 PM
Run boy run! This world is not made for you Run boy run! They’re trying to catch you Run boy run! Running is a victory Run boy run! Beauty lays behind the hills Run boy run! The sun will be guiding you Run boy run! They’re dying to stop you Run boy run! This race is a prophecy Run boy run! Break out from society
27RedKNAVE OF HEARTS30 postsapplicationplotting
jack lowell

ALL OPEN STILL PLEASE TAKE ONE D:
PMEmail
^
jack lowell
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 12:18 PM
Run boy run! This world is not made for you Run boy run! They’re trying to catch you Run boy run! Running is a victory Run boy run! Beauty lays behind the hills Run boy run! The sun will be guiding you Run boy run! They’re dying to stop you Run boy run! This race is a prophecy Run boy run! Break out from society
jack lowell

ALL OPEN STILL PLEASE TAKE ONE D:
PMEmail
^
qaseem achari
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 02:09 PM
n/a
38BlackCaterpillar36 postsapplicationplotting
qaseem achari

I have plots for one of these. Buuttttt I haven't done anything with Qas yet because grading is consuming my life for the next week. So maybe after that if the one I'm scheming for isn't taken. :D
PM
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 06:26 PM
aubrey whitney

Ooooooh who have you got your eyes on? ;)
PMEmail
^
qaseem achari
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 07:27 PM
n/a
38BlackCaterpillar36 postsapplicationplotting
qaseem achari

Madelyn :D

I started plotting all kinds of feels before I was even able to make Qas, but I knew I wanted the Caterpillar first. <3 And then I got busy. But grades are due Tuesday, soooooo...
PM
^
jack lowell
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 05:23 PM
jack lowell

FNEOJFWOIGJWG YES GOOD
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya