chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Closed
New Poll

WHITNEY, aubrey wallis, M | 16 | STUDENT | EVAN PETERS
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Jan 23 2015, 12:59 PM
I wish that you could see, all that's left of me. In this land of broken dreams, I still try to believe. I'm all right, I'm all right, I don't mind if you don't mind. My blood runs red from the streets to the sewers, to the blue black ocean- I'm caught in the tide but I don't mind if you don't mind.
16GreySTUDENT23 postsapplicationplotting
aubrey whitney

Aubrey Wallis Whitney
A kleptomaniac is a person who helps himself because he can't help himself
London has always been his home; he’s a Londoner through and through. Having been born and raised in Camden he’s used to the more eccentric, eclectic area of the Capital city and often finds himself a little confused at the lack of fancy dress, punk and neon when visiting other areas such as Oxford Street or Kingston. He absolutely loves everything the city has to offer though, from the Natural History museum to Hyde Park to the various cons thrown throughout the year; he just wouldn’t be at home in the country or the Suburbs. He’s a city kid, and losing access to all that technology and all the bright lights and attractions? He just wouldn’t survive. He needs the distractions that London provides.
kleptomaniac — sweetheart — jokester — loyal — loving
Name:
Aubrey Wallis Whitney

Nickname(s):
Bree, Abby, Whit

Birthday:
8th June

Hometown:
Camden, London

Canon/Occupation:
Secondary Student

Membergroup:
Grey

Face Claim:
Evan Peters

when he was little, he obsessed with being a princess
My name is Aubrey Wallis Whitney.

I don’t have a middle name, despite what it might look like. Wallis is actually my mum’s surname, and Whitney is my dad’s. So I’m just plain old Aubrey, no fancy middle name to use as alternation, and my initials spell AWW: real manly.

I guess I should probably elaborate, you’d know that much just by glancing at my birth certificate really. I’m in sixth form in secondary school currently, well ‘high school’ if you wanna Americanise it… supposed to be going to University in the next couple of years but well, we’ll see, right? If I were to go? I guess I’d probably study computer science or something like that. I like games, and I like hacking into my dad’s online banking account. Seems sensible to follow my hobbies, really.

Speaking of my dad- well, not much to say I guess. He’s not the easiest guy to live with- he has his moments where you just wanna… shake him. Him and mum used to argue a lot, I didn’t know the details or anything but I guess like everyone else in the economy those days they were just stressed. She’d yell, he’d yell… a plate would get smashed and then she’d serve dinner and call me in and we’d all eat in awkward silence.

As you can imagine, after a while… mum got tired. I mean, I totally empathise there don’t get me wrong- it’s fucking knackering living with the guy. Only thing is she uh, left something behind. Me. She left me behind. It’s fine though, he's not that bad. I still go to school and my grades are average (better than shit or non-existent, right?) and I still have friends and all that crap. A broken home does not a broken child make! Okay so maybe I’m a little weird, and maybe I do pick pockets and shoplift but what kid hasn’t done that at least once, am I right?

---

“Look Aubrey, this is serious. You know we’re going to have to call your parents right?”

“By all means! Know what? Call my mum.”

“Aubrey. We both know you don’t live with your mother…”

“Not yet, no. Might change if you help me track her down.”

“…”

“Did I just make this awkward?”

“Just… go back to class, Aubrey. But if you’re caught stealing from the canteen again-”

“Yeah, I know. You’ll call my dad.”

---

Okay, so maybe I do play on the ‘missing mother’ story a bit to get away with stuff. Wouldn’t you? I mean, I don’t have any hard feelings against her at all but… I miss her, you know? What kid wouldn’t miss their mother? Even if they were walked out on and left behind. Even if they do sometimes wonder if she even- but no, there’s no hard feelings, it’s just convenient. Crack out that little number and school officials tend to drop the subject immediately and send you off back to class or home or wherever you were going before they impeded you. I wouldn’t say I’m in trouble all that often, I’m really not a problem kid: but everyone has slip ups.

I don’t know if it works with the Police yet but… thankfully, not been apprehended for anything just yet. I intend to keep it that way if at all possible. They’re probably more difficult to sway with sob stories. Plus, like dad says- they’re nosy bastards.

---

So that’s me in a nutshell. Class clown, small-time thief and high school student. Living with a single father in central London, and frequenter of Camden Market.

My name is Aubrey Wallis Whitney.

And I’m doing just fine.

---

"Aubrey... tell me what's going on."

"Everything's fine Miss S. No need to worry."

eve — 22 — gmt — pm/aim — judas, jack, dominic, antoinette
PMEmail
^
♚ALEX
 Posted: Feb 17 2015, 08:01 PM
When we were young the future was so bright The old neighborhood was so alive And every kid on the whole damn street Was gonna make it big and not be beat
20AdminFeels breaker70 postsapplicationplotting
ALEX

Accepted

Oh, Aubrey, Aubrey. I have always loved him and you know it and he breaks my heart, as always. The last bit of this app gets to me, okay? ><
PMAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya