chatter
  • across the chessboard
  • welcome
    welcome to across the chessboard! we're an alice in wonderland based site with an original plot and slight modern dystopian twist and canon characters from alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass and what alice found there, both by lewis carroll. for a longer summary, please visit our information center here. if you have any questions, feel free to give an admin a shout in the cbox (it's to your left- just click the chatter button and it should pop open). again, welcome, and we hope you join us!

it is currently summer 2015 in london.
    it is currently summer-ish in wonderland.

• stats & info
    Wonderland wasn't always this way. There was a time when it mirrored medieval England, albeit with a few magical elements: a few quirks and eccentricities that made it truly unique. While all feared the Queen's mercurial temper and the fine blade of her Guillotine, all was well, until a little girl named Alice Liddell disturbed the status quo and sparked a revolution. The kingdom began to fall into decay as the taint of the modern world invaded. History is beginning to repeat itself and no one is happy. As the Queen of Hearts tangles in a battle of wits and riddles with the Cheshire Cat, the rest are starting to wonder ... is it true that the White Rabbit is bringing humans to Wonderland when they themselves are banned from going to London?

myrmidones of the queen — 12/∞ 
    myrmidones of the cat — 08/∞ 
    unaffiliated — 09/∞ 
  • featured
    asya
    fintan
    character
    judas
    male
    aria
    female
    jacqueline & maixent
    pairing
    empty gold
    thread

Closed
New Poll

SAUNDERS, shannon lacey, F | 30 | TA | EMILIE DE RAVIN
shannon saunders
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 11:22 AM
I'm breaking free from these memories Gotta let it go, just let it go I've said goodbye Set it all on fire Gotta let it go, just let it go
30GreyTA35 postsapplicationplotting
shannon saunders

Shannon Lacey Saunders
it is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf
London had always been portrayed in Shannon’s parents’ house as a very dangerous place but then again, it had been always a good home where she was concerned. It was the place where she thrived as a teenager and the place that saw her grow into a more collected person over the years. And while it might have been as dangerous as her mother supposed, it was her home and she never really cared much for its bad points. Sure, she carries around a concealed knife but that hardly means anything in the capital. It hasn’t been used just yet but it makes her feel safer.
professional — emotional — good — quick-tempered — loveable
Name:
Shannon Lacey Saunders

Nickname(s):
Shan

Birthday:
23 May

Hometown:
London

Canon/Occupation:
Teacher Assistant

Membergroup:
Grey

Face Claim:
Emilie de Ravin

loves chocolate milk
It’s always all good until life decides to do a one-eighty turn and it was not different with you.

It wasn’t... unexpected, not really. You knew him, you knew what he was capable of but it wasn’t until you saw it happen with your own eyes that you really realised it. That day, Dominic scared you.

---

Sometimes, people say you’re selfish but you don’t pay much mind to it. Giving a damn about everyone else ahead of yourself had been something that you have grown out of. Throughout life, you had to help people when you were breaking at the seams and nobody was there to help you. You supposed that was the reason you started hanging out with Kathy...

In retrospect, perhaps if you’d chosen differently, your life would have gone a different route. Maybe if you focused on your studies first, you wouldn’t have ended up where you eventually did... but thinking about what if’s was for all for nothing. Kathy was a good friend, she provided you with the comfort that you never got at home and she was the one that introduced you to the new friendship group. How could you have known how events would unravel? You didn’t have a clue.

The house you were brought up in didn’t belong to the most relaxed, your mother ruling with an iron fist, expecting way too much than you thought yourself capable of. It was uncomfortable at best, with your siblings having moved out; the undivided attention of your mother was focused on you. Now, critique you could handle but after a dip in your grades there was a sudden break in that relationship... and that was the tipping point, where you decided that you wanted to take life at your own pace. Keying your mother’s car might have not been the best drunk decision in your life but god did it help.

---

“My name is Shannon Saunders. I’m thirteen. I have tried to keep a diary before but failed miserably, so I’m going to try again...”

The blonde girl paused in her writing and pushed a strand of hair out of her face and behind her ear. For a few moments, she listened to the silence of the house until finally she sighed and put pen to paper again.

“I’m currently not in the best state. My grades started going down and I’ve become overwhelmed with it all. It’s time to decide what my future will look like and I’m kind of... terrified.”

---

London was not a safe place. That was drilled into your head from birth but you supposed that once you got on the other side of things, it would be easier.

And for a good while, it was. Until that day, it was all easy and fun. Maybe not so innocent with the windows that got broken or the alcohol drunk or the drugs... but until that moment when Dominic buried a knife in Jason you were just a part of a friendship group like anyone else.

That was the culminating point though and eventually it was the court case that pushed you over the edge.

---

Obsession was by no means healthy, you knew it and yet you couldn’t help but be obsessed. The feelings that you stifled for way too long came rushing out in an argument with your mother, which was crowned by her taking steps to finally get you out of her hair. You spent a year trying to regain your sense of self in the hospital... there were moments when you couldn’t hold yourself together and times when you and the girls managed to sneak something past the doctors and nurses.

---

Apparently, scars are what makes you human... and maybe you are scarred. But you’ve learnt to live with that, made something of yourself. Changed. Grew up. Finished university with a first; became a teacher assistant. A teacher. And once you saw him again, you went back to teacher assistant, unable to keep your focus for being a teacher.

Maybe it would have all been easier if you hadn’t met him again but you did and while it didn’t send you back to your worst years, you found yourself wondering. What if he hadn’t killed Jason? What would your life be like now?

Honestly, you didn’t want to know.

alex — 20 — gmt — pm for im — isaac, noah, warrick
PMEmailAIM
^
♚EVE
 Posted: Mar 23 2015, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I know this street and I own this crowd And my only companion is a lightning cloud I seem real nice and easy to trust Ashes to ashes and dust to dust I’m gonna lead you a path to self destruct On this crazy train that I conduct.
22AdminTHE OWNER184 postsapplicationplotting
EVE

Accepted

poor poor shannon, what mess has she got herself into? >< i love her so much and i can't wait to see what happens when she and dominic reunite properly. we've been waiting about a year the time is now!!
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

skinned exclusively for across the chessboard by asya